Monday, August 9, 2010

lost and found

why can't anything be simple?

when people's facebook relationship status turns into "its complicated" im always puzzled at the what could be so 'complicated' factor. you either love him or you dont.
but i suppose that would make things a lot less interesting and adventurous.

so far I would say my life has been rather smooth along the 21 years that has passed. from birth to school to college, up until now, my parents have been proud of me in how they have shaped me into an individual. but recently I felt I might have disappointed my mother in the relationship department. I hate to be stereotypical, but it is indeed, the Asian mother steppin' up coming into play to have a say in the guy that I've been dating for the past half year.

I'm lost in terms of what she wants me to do and this imaginary "white-horse prince" she wants me to own. I'm utterly speechless when she gave out the qualities of men that will "live up to my [her] expectations, or the whole "u deserve someone 'better' u know" [yes i know and i don't know]

spare me. please.

What I have found, is what IIIIII want. (MEE MEE MEE, not MOM MOM MOM) What must have gotten me is that Im not oh so perfect afterall in my mothers eyes. Im not trying to be rebelious and run off with my boyfriend and let my family disown me or anything. I just need time to help me find what I want. And in the mean time, I can't dwell on how she feels (at least for now).

when it comes down to you love him or not. it's simple - yes. or no. stop making it complicated. on the other hand I have to admit, complications make things more challenging and further testifies if lovers can pull through. well, bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I can sympathize. It is a case of whether you love him/her or not. Most cases, if you bother enough to post "it's complicated" you probably do.

    But I think the real complications are whether you want to continue dating. Whether you think you can still love the other in the future. Complicated, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete